Job for Procurement Consultant
Job for Procurement Consultant
Procurement Consultant will be responsible for planning and implementing all necessary procurement procedures and subsequent contracts of the PCPM. He/she will also be involved in other financial and budgetary processes as necessary. The Procurement Consultant’s tasks will include, inter alia: Leading procurement procedures, including advising on the appropriate procedure, identifying timelines and setting up the […]
Procurement Consultant will be responsible for planning and implementing all necessary procurement procedures and subsequent contracts of the PCPM. He/she will also be involved in other financial and budgetary processes as necessary.
The Procurement Consultant’s tasks will include, inter alia:
- Leading procurement procedures, including advising on the appropriate procedure, identifying timelines and setting up the administrative process.
- Making recommendations on strengthening policies and procedures related to procurement;
- Ensuring that the PCPM procurement processes are implemented in accordance with the EU Financial Regulation, PRAG 2016 and other relevant rules and regulations;
- Drafting of the tender specifications and publish the calls for tenders;
- Organise the opening and evaluation of tenders, and draft the evaluation reports,award decisions and contracts;
- Systematic filing and organisation of documents to meet ex-ante and ex-postpublication requirements related to PCPM procurement;
- Develop and update procurement related procedures, guidelines, templates,checklists, and any other required documents;
- Provide training, advice and support on general procurement issues to PCPM staff;
- Preparation of documents and reports on procurement;
- Preparation of, and providing support during, internal and external audits related toprocurement;
- Supervise monitoring of contractor performance and certification of completed workfor compliance with contractual terms and payment;
- Design and implement effective internal control systems related to procurement toensure that the compliance tools are effective in preventing, identifying and correcting non-compliance with relevant rules and regulations;
- Perform other relevant tasks as deemed necessary in the interest of the service.Professional competences
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Law, Accounting, Finance or any relevant subject.
- At least 8 years of proven experience in applying the EU Financial Regulation, its rules of application and the EU Procurement framework generally;
- Proven experience in managing EU procurement under PRAG 2016 is a strong asset;
- Proven experience in managing procurement in humanitarian or development aidcontext is a strong asset;
- Experience in managing procurement in the Middle East context is a strong asset;
- Analytical skills and ability to find solutions to legal and/or complex issues in order toensure compliance with applicable procurement rules;
- Familiarity with the EU public administration environment and internal controlstandards of the European Institutions, agencies or bodies;
- Excellent skills in drafting and reviewing procurement documentation and contracts(in English);
- Experience and/or training in project management (managerial, planning andorganizational skills).
Personal qualities and competences
- Capability to organise and manage work autonomously including the ability to prioritise in relation to demanding and multiple tasks also under time pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills in English (ability to communicate clearly and precisely to different audiences both orally and in writing);
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate effectively within a diverse team in a multicultural environment (good team-working & team-building skills);
- Willingness and ability to travel to PCPM’s missions abroad in the Middle East (less than 10%);
Experts with extensive experience in procurement are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter by email to [email protected] with the assignment title in the subject line “procurement consultant”. Only applications that contain both cover letter and CV will be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.